**To be considered for this position, applicants should have prior experience handling animals in an animal hospital.
Veterinary assistants duties are to assist the veterinarians and veterinary technicians in the daily activities of the care of all animals in our facility. General duties include:
- Proper restraint of animals for treatment and examination
- Preparing vaccinations and diagnostic supplies
- Assisting in exam rooms with patients and with various laboratory procedures
- Obtaining medical history and providing client education on preventative medications
- Obtaining vitals and entering pertinent information in digital medical records
- Checking out clients by using a credit/debit card machine
- Checking in clients and patients into online practice management software, as needed
- Proper cleaning of all areas within clinic
- Assisting with the duties of the care coordinator, if needed
- Any other tasks deemed necessary by management or attending veterinarian on duty
How To Apply:
Please send an email with the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line, a cover letter in the body of the email, and your resume as a PDF attachment to: jobs@EssentialsPetCare.com
If you are serious about working with us, be sure to follow these instructions. While we cannot respond to all messages, please know that your information will be kept on file if you are qualified for a position with us. We will reach out when a position becomes available.
We are a Florida Drug-Free Workplace. All applicants will be required to pass a urine drug-screening as well as a background check prior to employment.