Essentials PetCare provides basic, high-quality veterinary services to extend high-quality preventative and minor illness care to more U.S. pets. Our care coordinators are detail-oriented front-end managers of the clinic, acting as a liaison between clients and clinic staff. While pet experience isn’t required for this position, people skills are. You’ll assist clients in picking the best services for their pets and coordinate their visits on a walk-in basis.
What you’ll do:
- Checking-in clients and patients into practice management software
- Checking-out clients by collecting cash and using a credit/debit card machine
- Ensuring accurate daily transaction records and overseeing all payments
- Managing accurate medical records including client communications and patient reminders
- Answering phone and email inquiries, in a professional and timely manner
- Client education on clinic services, policies and preventative medications
- Proper cleaning of all areas within clinic
- Assisting with duties of veterinary assistant, as needed (proper animal restraint, preparing vaccines and supplies, obtaining vitals, etc.)
- Providing a high level of customer care and professionalism
- Any other tasks deemed necessary by management or the attending veterinarian on duty
Opportunities to grow in your veterinary career and cross-train as a veterinary assistant are available as well.
Basic Requirements for All Positions
- Must have a positive attitude and work well in a cooperative team environment to ensure a consistent and efficient customer experience
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must provide a high level of customer care and professionalism
- Must have excellent computer literacy skills and be comfortable working with digital medical records
- Must have reliable transportation to/from work
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time during scheduled shifts (4-8hrs)
- Must be able to lift 30lbs
- Must be able to perform all responsibilities as listed in job description without limitation
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred
Care Coordinator Requirements
- Customer service experience
- Proficiency in office-related tasks
What type of personality will work best for this position?
Friendly, honest, confident and direct. A positive attitude and friendly demeanor are very important for both team work and for creating a positive impression on our clients. Being confident and direct with clients and staff is necessary for efficient patient visits.
What is it like to work at Essentials PetCare? What is the culture?
By offering only preventative and minor illness care, we naturally have a positive atmosphere. We also take great care to find very friendly, hard-working and trustworthy staff members who operate proficiently as a team.
Our competitive hourly wage is based on experience and can range from $10-12/hr.
Full-Time Clinic Staff:
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- 401k with 4% employer matching
- 2-4 weeks Paid Time Off, plus up to 7 paid holidays and your birthday off each year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Work-Life Balance: no emergencies, flexible schedule options, relief opportunities
Part-Time Staff are also eligible for benefits including: Employee Stock Option Plan, 401k with matching, Paid Time Off, participation in dental and vision insurance
Whether you want to work part-time or full-time with our friendly team, you can make a difference in the lives of pets and people with opportunities to grow in the veterinary field at Essentials PetCare!
Clinic hours (subject to change based on location)
Monday-Thursday (8hrs, 10am-2pm & 4pm-8pm)
Friday (8hrs, 10am-6pm)
Saturday (6hrs, 10am-4pm)
Sunday (4hrs, 12pm-4pm)
*Please note before applying: As a condition of employment, Essentials PetCare requires full vaccination against COVID-19.*
We are a drug-free workplace. All applicants will be required to pass a drug screen, as well as a background check prior to employment.
Click here to apply for our location nearest to you!