**To be considered for this position, you must be a CVT or Veterinary Technician with multiple years of experience working as a Technician in an animal hospital.
Veterinary technicians are responsible for supervising activities in the treatment of patients. General duties include:
- Serving as the primary liaison between the attending veterinarian, veterinary assistant and our customer for all medical care
- Reading/interpreting microscopic cytology for skin and ear samples, including proper use of compound microscope
- Taking accurate eye pressure by tonometry
- Administering medications by multiple routes and administering microchips
- Blood draws, lab analysis
- Obtaining vitals and entering pertinent information in digital medical records
- Proper restraint of animals for treatment and examination
- Client education on preventative medications, administering medications, etc.
- Training and directing veterinary assistants; managing proper work flow
- Checking out clients by using a credit/debit card machine
- Proper cleaning of all areas within clinic
- Any other tasks deemed necessary by management or attending veterinarian on duty
How To Apply:
Please send an email with the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line, a cover letter in the body of the email, and your resume as a PDF attachment to: jobs@EssentialsPetCare.com
If you are serious about working with us, be sure to follow these instructions. While we cannot respond to all messages, please know that your information will be kept on file if you are qualified for a position with us. We will reach out when a position becomes available.
We are a Florida Drug-Free Workplace. All applicants will be required to pass a urine drug-screening as well as a background check prior to employment.