Visiting Essentials PetCare
Important info to know before visiting our clinics.
Essentials PetCare policies protect our clients, patients and staff, and help facilitate efficient visits, minimize wait times, and keep prices affordable.
- Proof of a current rabies vaccine is required for all patients for the safety of our staff, other clients, and general public health. Please have your current rabies certificate or medical records available. Rabies tags and vaccine reminders are not considered proof of vaccination. If your pet is not current on their rabies vaccine, we can administer at the same time as other services, if deemed appropriate by the veterinarian.
- A maximum of two pets per family are allowed per visit.
- All pets visiting for vaccines must arrive at least 1 hour before closing. Pets must arrive at least a half-hour before closing for minor illness exams.
- Please do not bring in: coughing dogs, female pets actively in heat, or stray animals for containment (we can only scan strays for a microchip).
- Dogs must be on a short leash (6-foot or less) or in a carrier. Cats must be in a carrier.
- Grocery carts are not permitted inside the clinic, and cannot be used to transport pets.
- Clients may not restrain their own pets.
- Only fully vaccinated, healthy pets are allowed in the short-term holding area.
- Prescriptions must be filled by the pet owner – our staff cannot do authorizations for prescriptions submitted online or by fax. Lost prescriptions may not be replaced or will incur an additional fee.
- Full payment is due at the time of service. We accept payment by cash, debit card or credit card (Visa, MasterCard & Discover). We do not accept checks or American Express cards.
Our team deserves the right to work in an environment without bullying, threats, or aggressive behavior. Most of our clients respect this right. Those who abuse our staff or policies will not be permitted to receive service at Essentials PetCare. Thank you for your cooperation.
When Not To Visit Us
We are here to take care of your pets and serve their basic health needs. Since we are a limited service clinic, we refer out to full-service animal hospitals for issues that are beyond our scope.