A position in veterinary medicine you can feel good about—every day.
Essentials PetCare provides high-quality, preventative and minor illness care to help ensure that all pets have access to affordable care. Our clinics are conveniently located at the front of Walmart, with a separate exterior entrance. We make it easy to provide care with posted pricing on our website and same-day visits.
Our veterinary technicians are skilled, detail-oriented professionals who ensure our patients receive top-notch medical care, in an efficient visit. Technician experience is required for this position, as are people skills.
What You’ll Do
- Perform skin and ear cytology, tonometry
- Draw blood for in-house and reference lab testing
- Implant microchips
- Advise clients in choosing the best services for their pets
- Provide client education on services, policies and preventative medications
- Check in clients and patients into practice management software
- Obtain medical history of patients
- Manage patient reminders and paperless veterinary records
- Restrain animals for treatment and examination
- Assist with various laboratory procedures
- Collect payments
- Execute our cleaning and disinfecting protocols
- Answer incoming client calls and participate in client outreach
- Inventory management
- Help train and supervise veterinary assistants
- Cross-train and assist in all roles, as needed
How Essentials PetCare is Different
- Work-Life Balance: No emergencies, no surgeries, and no critical cases mean less physical and mental stress.
- High-Quality Care: We are committed to the highest standards of veterinary care, with medical protocols based on expert recommendations from AAHA, AAFP, ACVIM, the American Heartworm Society, and CAPC.
- Positive Work Environment: We cultivate a positive work environment. We employ strict safety protocols to provide a safe workplace for our team. We have a zero-tolerance policy as it relates to client bullying.
Minimum Requirements for the Veterinary Technician Position
- Multiple years of experience as a veterinary technician
- Ability to read cytology (skin and ears)
- Blood draws
- Perform tonometry
- Familiarity with implanting microchips
Basic Requirements for All Positions
- A dedicated passion and love for animals of course!
- Proper restraint of dogs and cats of all sizes/temperaments
- Must have a positive attitude and work well in a cooperative team environment
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must provide a high level of customer care and professionalism
- Must have excellent computer literacy skills and be comfortable working with digital medical records
- Must have reliable transportation to/from work
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time during scheduled shifts (4-8hrs)
- Must be able to lift 30lbs
- Must be able to perform all responsibilities as listed in job description without limitation
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred
All pets deserve love and quality health care. Help us make that happen at Essentials PetCare!