Our veterinary technicians are pet- and people-focused professionals who help with the daily care of dogs and cats in our clinic, as well as providing client support while working from home.
Here is an overview of our “new normal” for veterinary technicians at Essentials PetCare:
While in the clinic, you’ll be managing patient reminders and treatments in our online practice management software, restraining animals for treatment and examination, assisting with various laboratory procedures, monitoring inventory, and managing our cleaning and disinfecting protocols. While working from home, you’ll be answering incoming client calls, obtaining medical histories, scheduling visits and collecting payments.
We offer a friendly and safe team-oriented environment where you’ll also have to opportunity to let your people skills shine in client education, training of veterinary assistants, inventory management and staff supervision.
Minimum Requirements for the Veterinary Technician Position:
- Multiple years of experience as a veterinary technician
- Ability to read cytology (skin and ears)
- Proper restraint of dogs and cats
- Blood draws
- Take eye pressure by tonometry
- Administer microchips
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong computer skills including digital medical records
- Ability to work from home (computer and internet)
- Detail-oriented, professional, and positive demeanor
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation is based on technical skill as well as job performance. Management opportunities may also exist.
Full-Time Clinic Staff Benefits:
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- 401k with 4% employer matching
- 2-4 weeks Paid Time Off, plus up to 7 paid holidays and your birthday off each year
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- Work-Life Balance: no emergencies, flexible schedule options
Part-Time Staff are also eligible for benefits including: Employee Stock Option Plan, 401k with matching, Paid Time Off, participation in dental and vision insurance.
Important Info: We are a drug-free workplace. All applicants will be required to pass a drug screen, as well as a background check prior to employment.
All pets deserve love and quality health care. Help us make that happen at Essentials PetCare!
Click here to apply for our location nearest to you!