No emergencies, no critical cases. Essentials PetCare offers a new model of care devoted to providing high-quality preventative and minor illness care to underserved pet owners. Our goal is to expand veterinary services to the estimated 30-50% of U.S. pets who are not able to visit traditional full-service hospitals due to affordability or accessibility.
Our day-to-day care is different
Since we specialized in routine, preventative care, you’ll work in a less-stressful environment with a dependable schedule. A typical day in our walk-in clinics would include:
- Obtaining vitals and entering pertinent information in medical records
- Preparing vaccinations and diagnostic supplies
- Obtaining blood, fecal and urine samples for diagnostic testing
- Administering medications by multiple routes
- Administering microchips
- Reading/interpreting microscopic cytology and other diagnostics for minor illness exams
- Taking accurate eye pressure by tonometry
- Obtaining medical history, providing client education on preventatives and administering medication
- Proper animal restraint for treatment and examination
- Checking-out clients by using a credit/debit card machine or cash
- Proper cleaning of all areas within clinic
- Training and directing veterinary assistants
- Assisting at front desk, as needed
- Any other tasks deemed necessary by management or the attending veterinarian on duty
Aside from patient care, management opportunities may also be available based on experience.
Basic Requirements for All Positions
- Must have a positive attitude and work well in a cooperative team environment to ensure a consistent and efficient customer experience
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must provide a high level of customer care and professionalism
- Must have excellent computer literacy skills and be comfortable working with digital medical records
- Must have reliable transportation to/from work
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time during scheduled shifts (4-8hrs)
- Must be able to lift 30lbs
- Must be able to perform all responsibilities as listed in job description without limitation
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred
Veterinary Technician Requirements
- At least one year of veterinary technician experience required
- Customer service experience
What type of personality will work best for this position?
Friendly, honest, confident and direct. A positive attitude and friendly demeanor are very important for both team work and for creating a positive impression on our clients. Being confident and direct with clients and staff is necessary for efficient patient visits.
What is it like to work at Essentials PetCare? What is the culture?
By offering only preventative and minor illness care, we naturally have a positive atmosphere. We also take great care to find very friendly, hard-working and trustworthy staff members who operate proficiently as a team.
Our competitive hourly wage is based on experience and performance and can range from $12-16/hr.
Full-Time Clinic Staff:
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- 401k with 4% employer matching
- 2-4 weeks Paid Time Off, plus up to 7 paid holidays and your birthday off each year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Work-Life Balance: no emergencies, flexible schedule options, relief opportunities
Part-Time Staff are also eligible for benefits including: Employee Stock Option Plan, 401k with matching, Paid Time Off, participation in dental and vision insurance
Whether you are looking for a full-time position without the stress of traditional full-service care or would like to supplement your income on your schedule, consider advancing your veterinary career with a unique opportunity at Essentials PetCare!
Clinic hours (subject to change based on location)
Monday-Thursday (8hrs, 10am-2pm & 4pm-8pm)
Friday (8hrs, 10am-6pm)
Saturday (6hrs, 10am-4pm)
Sunday (4hrs, 12pm-4pm)
We are a drug-free workplace. All applicants will be required to pass a drug screen, as well as a background check prior to employment.