Our veterinary assistants are pet- and people-focused professionals who help with the daily care of dogs and cats in our clinic, as well as providing client support.
While in the clinic, you’ll be obtaining medical histories, managing patient reminders and treatments in our online practice management software, restraining animals for treatment and examination, assisting with various laboratory procedures, collecting payments and managing our cleaning and disinfecting protocols. You’ll also be answering incoming client calls, providing client education and scheduling visits.
Minimum Requirements for the Veterinary Assistant Position:
- Previous pet restraint of large and small cats and dogs, in a clinic setting
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work from home (computer and internet)
- Detail-oriented, professional, and positive demeanor
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation is based on technical skill as well as job performance. Management opportunities may also exist.
Full-Time Clinic Staff Benefits:
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- 401k with 4% employer matching
- 2-4 weeks Paid Time Off, plus up to 7 paid holidays and your birthday off each year
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- Work-Life Balance: no emergencies, flexible schedule options
Part-Time Staff are also eligible for benefits including: Employee Stock Option Plan, 401k with matching, Paid Time Off, participation in dental and vision insurance.
*Please note before applying: As a condition of employment, Essentials PetCare requires full vaccination against COVID-19.*
We are a drug-free workplace. All applicants will be required to pass a drug screen, as well as a background check prior to employment.
Whether you want to work part-time or full-time with our friendly team, you can make a difference in the lives of pets and people with opportunities to grow in the veterinary field at Essentials PetCare!
Click here to apply for our location nearest to you!