No emergencies. No critical cases. Essentials PetCare is a modern, fast-paced, paperless clinical practice with a mission to help underserved pet owners give their companion animals the care they need.
We strive to provide the ultimate convenience and affordability for pet owners, so our business model is different. We have mastered the core care pets need, focusing on vaccinations, minor illnesses, wellness, and other preventative and diagnostic testing. We make regular referrals to a network of quality full-service hospitals for complex issues, advanced diagnostics, procedures, dentals, and surgery.
At Essentials PetCare, we have established medical protocols based on the latest guidelines and best practices. We employ modern medicine and high standards to ensure high-quality, efficient visits for our patients.
To make care as accessible and transparent as possible, our services and prices are posted on our website. Our clinics are conveniently located at the front of Walmart, with a separate exterior entrance. We are open evenings and weekends and offer online bookings to make it easy for pet parents to seek care.
Are vet school student loans weighing on you, or are you looking for supplemental income? No contracts and no production-based pay – we keep it simple. Beyond offering a competitive and dependable salary, we believe in work-life harmony and understand the importance of a career that allows you to enjoy your life.
Our Day-to-Day Care is Different:
Since we specialize in routine, preventative care, you’ll work in a less-stressful environment with a dependable schedule. A typical day in our clinic would include:
- Examining patients utilizing established protocols based on the latest AAHA recommendations
- Educating clients about their pet’s needs and zoonotic diseases
- Entering complete medical records into online practice management software
- Discussing lab results with clients
- Providing guidance and oversight to support staff as it relates to patient care and case management
- Referring clients to local full-service hospitals for complex issues, procedures, dentals, and surgery
Minimum Requirements for the Veterinarian Position:
- DVM or equivalent degree and active state license
- Capability of working in a fast-paced practice
- High level of comfort with computers and digital medical records
- Passion for client education
What type of personality will work best for this position?
Friendly, honest, confident and direct. A positive attitude and friendly demeanor are very important for both teamwork and for creating a positive experience for our clients. Being confident and direct with clients and staff is necessary for efficient patient visits.
What is it like to work at Essentials PetCare? What is the culture?
By offering only preventative and minor illness care, we naturally have a positive atmosphere. We also take great care to find very friendly, hard-working and trustworthy staff members who operate proficiently as a team. You’ll be assisted by support staff including veterinary assistants and technicians. They will report to a direct manager but fall under the overall responsibility of the veterinarian on duty.
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary, in addition to a comprehensive, flexible benefits package that you can tailor to your preferences. Your personalized package may include:
Full-Time Veterinarian Benefits:
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- 401k with 4% employer matching
- 3-5 weeks paid time off, plus up to 7 paid holidays and your birthday off each year
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Annual allowance for continuing education, license renewal, PLIT insurance and AVMA dues
- Student loan and relocation assistance
Part-Time Veterinarians are also eligible for benefits including: Employee Stock Option Plan, 401k with matching, paid time off, participation in dental and vision insurance.
*Please note before applying: As a condition of employment, Essentials PetCare requires full vaccination against COVID-19.*
We are a drug-free workplace. All applicants will be required to pass a drug screen, as well as a background check prior to employment.
Whether you are looking for a full-time position without the stress of full-service care or want to supplement your income on your schedule, you can love your life and career at Essentials PetCare!
Click here to apply for our location nearest to you!