How We Are Different
Flexible, dependable schedules: choose 1-5 days/week to fit your lifestyle. No emergencies, no surgeries, and no critical cases mean less physical and mental stress.
We are committed to the highest standards of veterinary care, with medical protocols based on expert recommendations from AAHA, AAFP, ACVIM, the American Heartworm Society, and CAPC.
Positive Work Environment
We cultivate a positive work environment. We employ strict safety protocols to provide a safe workplace for our team. We have a zero-tolerance policy as it relates to client bullying.
No emergencies. No critical cases. Essentials PetCare is a modern, fast-paced, paperless clinical practice with a mission to help underserved pet owners give their companion animals the care they need.
We strive to provide the ultimate convenience and affordability for pet owners, so our business model is different. We have mastered the core care pets need, focusing on vaccinations, minor illnesses, wellness, and other preventative and diagnostic testing. We make regular referrals to a network of quality full-service hospitals for complex issues, advanced diagnostics, procedures, dentals, and surgery.
At Essentials PetCare, we have established medical protocols based on the latest guidelines and best practices. We employ modern medicine and high standards to ensure high-quality, efficient visits for our patients.
To make veterinary care as accessible and transparent as possible, our services and prices are posted on our website. Our clinics are conveniently located at the front of Walmart, with a separate exterior entrance. We are open evenings and weekends and offer online check-in to make it easy for pet parents to seek care.
Are veterinary school student loans weighing on you, or are you looking for supplemental income? No contracts and no production-based pay – we keep it simple. Beyond offering a competitive and dependable salary, we believe in work-life harmony and understand the importance of a career that allows you to enjoy your life.
Our Day-to-Day Care Is Different
Since we specialize in routine, preventative care, our veterinarians work in a less-stressful environment with a dependable schedule. A typical day in our clinic would include:
- Examining patients utilizing established protocols based on the latest AAHA and ACVIM recommendations
- Educating clients about their pet’s needs and zoonotic diseases
- Entering complete medical records into online practice management software
- Discussing lab results with clients
- Providing guidance and oversight to support staff as it relates to patient care and case management
- Referring clients to local full-service hospitals for complex issues, procedures, dentals, surgery, euthanasia and emergencies
Minimum Requirements for the Veterinarian Position
- DVM or equivalent degree and active state license
- Capability of working in a fast-paced practice
- High level of comfort with computers and digital medical records
- Passion for client education
Compensation & Benefits
Total compensation packages range from $96,000 to $124,000 annually for full-time (4 or 5 days weekly), which includes flexible benefits. Compensation for part-time is pro-rated based on working 1-3 days per week.
Our comprehensive and flexible benefits package can be tailored to your preferences and may include the following for full-time veterinarians:
- Employee stock option plan
- 401k with 4% employer matching
- 3-5 weeks paid time off, plus up to 7 paid holidays and your birthday off each year
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- Annual allowance for continuing education, license renewal, PLIT insurance and AVMA dues
- Student loan and relocation assistance
Part-time veterinarians are also eligible for benefits including employee stock option plan, 401k with matching, paid time off, wellness package for supplemental insurance products, participation in dental and vision insurance.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is required for job applicants.
- We are a drug-free workplace. All applicants will be required to pass a drug screen, as well as a background check prior to employment.
Whether you are looking for a full-time position without the stress of full-service care or want to supplement your income on your schedule, you can love your life and career at Essentials PetCare!
How to Apply
Schedule an introductory call with our Medical Director, Travis Wagner, DVM, DABVP (Canine/Feline Practice) or our Founder, Douglas Spiker, DVM: click here to schedule.