No emergencies, no critical cases. Essentials PetCare offers a new model of care devoted to providing high-quality preventative and minor illness care to underserved pet owners. Our goal is to expand veterinary services to the estimated 30-50% of U.S. pets who are not able to visit traditional full-service hospitals due to affordability or accessibility.
Our day-to-day care is different
Since we specialize in routine, preventative care, you’ll work in a less-stressful environment with a dependable schedule. A typical day in our walk-in clinics would include:
- Examining patients on a walk-in basis, utilizing established protocols based on the latest AAHA recommendations
- Promoting client education on zoonotic diseases
- Generating portable prescriptions for patients
- Entering complete medical records into online practice management software
- Consulting with clients regarding lab results
- Providing guidance and oversight to support staff as it relates to patient care and case management
- Referring clients to local full-service hospitals for complex issues, procedures, dentals, and surgery
Aside from patient care, management opportunities may also be available based on experience.
Required for position
- DVM or equivalent degree and active state license required
- Capability of working in a fast-paced, high-volume practice
- Ability to follow established medical protocols and clinic policies
- High level of comfort with computers and digital medical records
- Passion for client education
- Friendly and professional demeanor towards both clients and staff
What type of personality will work best for this position?
Friendly, honest, confident and direct. A positive attitude and friendly demeanor are very important for both team work and for creating a positive impression on our clients. Being confident and direct with clients and staff is necessary for efficient patient visits.
What is it like to work at Essentials PetCare? What is the culture?
By offering only preventative and minor illness care, we naturally have a positive atmosphere. We also take great care to find very friendly, hard-working and trustworthy staff members who operate proficiently as a team.
3 support staff members, including a care coordinator/receptionist, a veterinary assistant, and a veterinary technician, will assist you each shift. They will report to a direct manager but fall under the overall responsibility of the veterinarian on duty.
Our competitive salary starts at $85,000 for full-time veterinarians and is prorated for part-time schedules between 1 and 4 days per week.
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- 401k with 4% employer matching
- 3-5 weeks Paid Time Off, plus up to 7 paid holidays and your birthday off each year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Annual allowance for continuing education, license renewal, PLIT insurance and AVMA dues
- Work-Life Balance: no emergencies, flexible schedule options, relief opportunities
Part-Time Veterinarians are also eligible for benefits including: Employee Stock Option Plan, 401k with matching, Paid Time Off, participation in dental and vision insurance
Whether you are looking for a full-time position without the stress of full-service care, or want to supplement your income on your schedule, you can love your life and career at Essentials PetCare!
Clinic hours (subject to change based on location)
Monday-Thursday (8hrs, 10am-2pm & 4pm-8pm)
Friday (8hrs, 10am-6pm)
Saturday (6hrs, 10am-4pm)
Sunday (4hrs, 12pm-4pm)
We are a drug-free workplace. All applicants will be required to pass a drug screen, as well as a background check prior to employment.