No emergencies, no critical cases. Essentials PetCare offers a new model of care devoted to providing high-quality preventative and minor illness care to underserved pet owners. Our goal is to expand veterinary services to the estimated 30-50% of U.S. pets who are not able to visit traditional full-service hospitals due to affordability or accessibility.
Our day-to-day care is different
Since we specialize in routine, preventative care, you’ll work in a less-stressful environment with a dependable schedule. A typical day in our walk-in clinics would include:
- Examining patients on a walk-in basis, utilizing established protocols based on the latest AAHA recommendations
- Educating clients about their pet’s needs and zoonotic diseases
- Generating portable prescriptions for patients
- Entering complete medical records into online practice management software
- Discussing lab results with clients
- Providing guidance and oversight to support staff as it relates to patient care and case management
- Referring clients to local full-service hospitals for complex issues, procedures, dentals, and surgery
Aside from patient care, management opportunities may also be available, based on experience.
Required for position
- DVM or equivalent degree and active state license
- Capability of working in a fast-paced practice
- High level of comfort with computers and digital medical records
- Passion for client education
What type of personality will work best for this position?
Friendly, honest, confident and direct. A positive attitude and friendly demeanor are very important for both teamwork and for creating a positive experience for our clients. Being confident and direct with clients and staff is necessary for efficient patient visits.
What is it like to work at Essentials PetCare? What is the culture?
By offering only preventative and minor illness care, we naturally have a positive atmosphere. We also take great care to find very friendly, hard-working and trustworthy staff members who operate proficiently as a team. You’ll be assisted by support staff, including a care coordinator/receptionist, a veterinary assistant, and a veterinary technician. They will report to a direct manager but fall under the overall responsibility of the veterinarian on duty.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary, in addition to a comprehensive, flexible benefits package that you can tailor to your preferences. Your personalized package may include:
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- 401k with 4% employer matching
- 3-5 weeks paid time off, plus up to 7 paid holidays and your birthday off each year
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Annual allowance for continuing education, license renewal, PLIT insurance and AVMA dues
- Student loan and relocation assistance
Part-Time Veterinarians are also eligible for benefits including: Employee Stock Option Plan, 401k with matching, paid time off, participation in dental and vision insurance. Whether you are looking for a full-time position without the stress of full-service care or want to supplement your income on your schedule, you can love your life and career at Essentials PetCare!
We are a drug-free workplace. All applicants will be required to pass a drug screen, as well as a background check prior to employment.
Click here to apply for our location nearest to you!