Our commitment to protecting public health during the Coronavirus pandemic
Published March 17, 2020
LARGO – Over the past weeks, we’ve been closely watching the news on Coronavirus (COVID-19) unfold. We’ve taken serious consideration in reviewing what is happening both in this country and in other countries that have been affected before us.
First and foremost, our priority is the health and well-being of our team, our clients, and their pets. Second, we are, at our core, an organization dedicated to protecting public health. This philosophy governs the care we provide our patients, but also extends more broadly to the general public – especially in a time of unprecedented pandemic.
In the interest of protecting our team members, clients, our families, and proactively doing our part to limit the spread of Coronavirus, we have temporarily closed all Essentials PetCare clinics, effective Sunday, March 15, until further notice.
As a walk-in clinic for non-emergencies, including preventative and minor illness care, we believe that temporarily closing our facilities is the most responsible decision to help safeguard our communities. As of now, the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) recommends that veterinary practices suspend preventative and elective care in areas known to have COVID-19 cases.
At this time, we are uncertain how long clinics will need to remain closed, but we will continue to monitor the news and CDC recommendations daily for guidance.
- If your pet is in need of urgent medical care during this closure, please seek care at a local full-service veterinary hospital or animal emergency room.
- To request medical records for services received at Essentials PetCare, existing clients may use our online pet portal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to access vaccine records or can complete our online form to request: https://essentialspetcare.com/records/
- If you pre-paid for any services such as our Best Start Puppy and Kitten Packages, or vaccines, we will of course honor these services once we reopen, at no additional charge.
- You can check for updates on your local clinic at https://essentialspetcare.com/locations/
- If you have a non-urgent question or message for our team, you can reach out to us. Our response may be delayed while your clinic is closed, but our support team will reply as soon as possible: https://essentialspetcare.com/contact/
Once we are able to determine when we can reopen our clinics, we will be sure to notify our clients and will publicly post availability on our website and social media. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.
Dr. Doug Spiker, Bruce Newman & Christine Battista
Essentials PetCare Co-Founders